The Path I Walked in my Writing/Research Journey
My book Sioux Code Talkers of World War II took me 20 years to research and write.
Click here for a pdf of The Path I Walked…
So, what did I learn in all this time? The Four Directions include: Home, Work, Physical, and Emotional. Most of what I wrote about what work/author and home/personal related, but there are some valuable lessons tied to the Physical/Emotional sides. I’ve shared my knowledge on this blog over the last 6 weeks:
- The struggles of the Sioux people during the 1800s
- The effects of Sioux life on reservations
- The resilience of a strong, Sioux culture
- The determination of Sioux warriors and their intent to protect Mother Earth
- The use of Sioux Languages in World War I and II
- The rocky road to Congress who honored the warriors
- The joy of sweet success when the government recognized these men by name
- God is always with us, no matter what path we’re on, and if we ask, He will provide…at just the right time
- The persistent path a writer must take toward publication
- Work consistently, and focus on the task at hand
- Train like a marathon runner trains- start slowly and gradually build your way up
- Take more of an interest in nature and protecting Mother Earth
Wowie! These were just a few concepts I thought of quickly. I’m sure I can think of more if I tried.
I don’t know if you noticed, but I’ve been trying a variety of ways to deliver content. (something else I learned the last year while working with content strategy coach, M. Shannon Hernandez)
Tonight, I’m trying something new and ending this post with a video conversation I had with a writing friend named Kevin Kurtz. [Thank you, Kevin, for taking the time to sit and talk with me about nature, aka Mother Earth. I enjoyed our video chat!]
For more information on Kevin Kurtz, see his website here.
To view the Video Chat with Kevin, Click Here.
For more Facts About the Sioux Code Talkers and an infographic poster about the buffalo, and future resources, please sign up for my newsletter at bottom of page.
Less Than One Week Till Launch!
- Read SCT of WWII Kirkus Review here.
- Check out my book Sioux Code Talkers of World War II coming March 1, 2017, published by Pelican Publishing. Click here for more details.
- Be a friend – Share a post or a review! Sign up for my news and notes for updates.
- Please leave a comment and let me know I’m not talking to myself… THANKS!